Friday, October 23, 2015

October Inklings


A lot's been happening of late and -- what with water going under the bridge and life being full and so forth -- I'm putting up a quick reminder that our October Inklings is still open through the end of the month! (And note, I did change the link system, but it's still easy. ;)) You can click here for the link post.

And... I can't believe when I wrote it that I omitted to mention The Borrowers books by Mary Norton! Of all quintessential gypsy scenes to forget! Those books are packed with scenes and generally what I first think of when the topic surfaces. :) 

Looking forward to your entries if you're able to!


Heidi Peterson is a lover of wide-spreading land, summer dust, white pounding waterfalls, and mountain tops; also of good dark coffee and rich stories. Most of all she's a lover of the One who is the Word, the Word made flesh. You can visit her additional blog (where she shares more about books, movies, and further marvels of life) at: Along the Brandywine.

Visit and contact at: Sharing the Journey // Along the Brandywine // ladyofanorien(at)gmail(dot)com


5 comments:

  1. I was going to do the link up this month because there is this one Gypsy scene that I ADORE, but the book happens to be packed up in a box and I have no idea when it will be un-packed! For anyone who knows the story, it is the Gypsy scene in Kate Seredy's 'The Good Master'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erudessa,
      Oh dear, I know what that's like -- even when unpacked, books have such a way of being hither and yon just when you need them. ;) And I've heard of TGM (and even had it from the library at one point), but still haven't read it! Is it in the public domain/did you try Googling it?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hamlette,
      Thank you, I'm looking forward to it!! :) (And btw, thanks for tagging me with that particular one over here -- it's perfect.)

      Delete
    2. I rather thought it was perfect too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...